BOZEMAN – Montana State University Extension, in partnership with U.S. Department of Agriculture, will be visiting 28 Montana communities this fall to conduct a series of informational meetings about important new programs authorized by the Agricultural Act of 2014.
The meetings will focus on the price-loss coverage and agricultural-risk coverage that will be administered by USDA’s Farm Service Agency and the supplemental-coverage option administered by USDA’s Risk Management Agency through federal crop insurance providers. MSU Extension will explain the new online Farm Bill Decision Tool that will be available this fall to assist producers in understanding their options.
The schedule of meetings runs Oct. 15 through Nov. 12:
- Oct. 15. Belgrade, 8 a.m. to noon, Holiday Inn Express, 309 West Madison Ave.
- Oct. 16. Helena, 2-6 p.m., MSU Extension Office, Lewis and Clark County Fairgrounds, 98 W. Custer Ave.
- Oct. 17. Ronan, 8 a.m. to noon, Ronan Community Center, 300 3rd Ave. NW; Missoula, 2-6 p.m., Guesthouse Inn and Suites, 3803 Brooks Street.
- Oct. 20. Miles City, 2-6 p.m., Miles City Community College, 2715 Dickinson St.
- Oct. 21. Sidney, 8 a.m. to noon, MSU Extension Office, 1499 N. Central Ave.; Plentywood, 2-6 p.m., Sheridan County Courthouse, 100 W. Laurel Ave.
- Oct. 22. Glasgow, 8 a.m. to noon, Cottonwood Inn, 45 First Ave. NE. Wolf Point, 2-6 p.m., Dumont Building, Fort Peck Community College, 301 Benton St.
- Oct. 23. Circle, 8 a.m. to noon, Community Building, McCone County Fairgrounds, one-half mile southwest of Circle on Highway 200; Glendive, 2-6 p.m., Dawson County Courthouse, 207 W. Bell St.
- Oct. 24. Baker, 8 a.m. to noon, Exhibit Hall, Fallon County Fairground, 3440 Highway 7.
- Oct. 27. Choteau, 2-6 p.m., Stage Stop Inn, 1005 Main Ave. N.
- Oct. 28. Browning, 9 a.m. to noon, Roland Kennerly Building, Blackfeet Tribal Office. Shelby, 2-6 p.m., Coyote Club Eagles Lodge, 137 Main St.
- Oct. 29. Conrad, 8 a.m. to noon, Conrad High School Auditorium, 308 South Illinois; Great Falls, 2-6 p.m., Montana Expo Park, State Fairgrounds, Trades and Industries Building, 400 3rd St. NW.
- Oct. 30. Fort Benton, 8 a.m. to noon, Ag Center, 1205 20th Street. Havre, 2-6 p.m., MSU-Northern Student Union Ballroom, 300 West 11th Street.
- Oct. 31. Malta, 8 a.m. to noon, Great Northern Hotel, 2 S first Street E.
- Nov. 3. Lame Deer, 2-6 p.m., Chief Dull Knife College, Room 205, 1 College Drive.
- Nov. 4. Crow Agency, 9 a.m. to noon, Little Big Horn College Cultural Center, 8645 South Weaver Drive; Billings, 2-6 p.m., Big Horn Resort and Convention Center, 1801 Majestic Ln.
- Nov. 5. Harlowton, 8 a.m. to noon, Kiwanis Youth Center, 204 Third St. NE. Hobson, 2-6 p.m., Bos Terra Feedlot Auditorium, 342 Sale Barn Drive.
- Nov. 6. Box Elder, 9 a.m. to noon, Jon Morsette Vocational Technical Center, 8294 Upper Box Elder Rd.; Fort Belknap Agency, 2-6 p.m., Aaniiih Nakoda College, Returning Buffalo Building, 269 Blackfeet Avenue.
- Nov. 10. Informational webinar, contact MSU Extension for details.
- Nov. 12. Whitehall, 2-6 p.m., Whitehall Community Center, 11 N. Division Street.
For more information, including a printable schedule, visit MSU Extension’s Farm Bill website at http://www.montana.edu/farmbill and Montana FSA’s website at http://www.fsa.usda.gov/mt. Visit RMA’s Farm Bill website at http://www.rma.usda.gov/news/currentissues/farmbill/.